I do a lower body workout about 3 days a week. I find that I really like doing lower body workouts more than upper body. Saturdays I like spending a good hour or two hitting the gym, so this leg workout works great for me. I usually start out with a 15-20 minute run on the treadmill. I do either a steady state run or HIIT run. After a quick stretch and massage on a roller, it’s time to hit the weights!
Warm-up: 10-15 minutes cardio (treadmill, elliptical, stair-mill, whatever you like)
3-4 Sets Each Circuit – 12-15 Reps Each Exercise
- Back Lunge with Weights
- Elevated Side Jumps (Reps Each Leg) / You can do just regular side jumps if elevated is too much for you. I did mine on a Bosu Ball
- Smith Machine Lunge (Reps Each Leg)
- Sumo Goblet Squat
- Cable Leg Side Kicks (Reps Each Leg)
- Cable Standing Donkey Kicks (Reps Each Leg)
I had originally planned on doing another circuit, but the machine I had planned on using (Leg Press machine) but one of the gym trainer’s was using it with a client, so I changed and decided to do some ab workouts instead.
Circuit Four – ABS:
- Hanging Leg Lifts
- Mountain Climbers
- Side Planks (30 Seconds Each Side)
- Regular Planks (30 Seconds)
By the end I’m hungry, thirsty and tired but it feels so good! Hope you all try these workout and let me know what you all think!
Gym Outfit: C9 Loose Fitting Workout Tank – marika tak Sports Bra – RDX Workout Capre – Nike Flyknit Lunar 2 shoes – adidas Headband – Nike Running Waist Pouch